The Week Ahead
Monday, July 27
- The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for Morning Hour debate and 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Recorded votes will be at 6:30 p.m. on several noncontroversial measures under suspension of the rules.
- Key votes of the week include H.R. 427, the Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny (REINS) Act of 2015; H.R. 1994, the VA Accountability Act of 2015; and possible consideration of the VA Budget and Choice Improvement Act and the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Conference Report.
Tuesday, July 28
- The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate, 12:00 p.m. for legislative business, and is expected to begin consideration of the REINS Act, legislation to undermine federal safeguards for public health, safety, environment, and the economy.
- Members of the Democratic Caucus will meet to discuss legislative strategy.
- 10:00 AM: The House Committee on the Budget will meet for a hearing on the “Principles of Congressional Budgeting.”
- 10:00 AM: The House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations holds a hearing entitled “Continuing Concerns with the Federal Select Agent Program: Department of Defense Shipments of Live Anthrax.”
- 10:15 AM: The House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Communications and Technology holds a hearing entitled “Continued Oversight of the Federal Communications Commission.”
- 5:10 PM: Rep. Yarmuth will join Terry Meiners on 840 WHAS.
Wednesday, July 29
- The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate, 12:00 p.m. for legislative business, and is expected to begin consideration of the VA Accountability Act of 2015.
- 10:00 AM: The House Committee on Energy and Commerce holds a full committee markup of H.R. 985, the Concrete Masonry Products Research, Education, and Promotion Act of 2015; H.R. 3154, the E-Warranty Act of 2015; H.R. 1344, the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Act of 2015; H.R. 1462, the Protecting Our Infants Act of 2015; H.R. 1725, the National All Schedules Prescription Electronic Reporting Authorization Act of 2015; and H.R. 2820, the Stem Cell Therapeutic and Research Reauthorization Act of 2015.
- Rep. Yarmuth will meet with Dr. Andy Kemp, an instructor at Male High School and recipient of the 2015 Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching.
Thursday, July 30
- 8:00 AM:The Democratic Policy and Communications Committee will meet to discuss Democratic messaging priorities.
- The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business and could possibly consider the VA Budget and Choice Improvement Act and the NDAA Conference Report.
Friday, July 31
- The House is not in session.