The Week Ahead
Monday, January 9
- The House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Recorded votes will be at 6:30 p.m. on several noncontroversial measures under suspension of the rules.
- Key votes of the week will include several Republican measures that would undermine consumer protections, as well as possible consideration of a FY2017 Budget Resolution.
Tuesday, January 10
- Members of the Democratic Caucus will meet to discuss legislative strategy.
- The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business and is expected to begin consideration of H.R. 79, the Helping Angels Lead Our Startups, or HALOS Act.
- 5:10 PM: Rep. Yarmuth will call in to the Terry Meiners Show on 840 WHAS.
- 9:00 PM: President Obama will deliver his Farewell Address from Chicago.
Wednesday, January 11
- 8:00 AM: Rep. Yarmuth will address the House Democratic Budget Group during their weekly meeting.
- The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business and is expected to consider several measures intended to undermine the government rulemaking process and weaken consumer protections at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
- 7:00 PM: The Louisville Cardinals Men’s Basketball team takes on Pittsburgh. Go Cards!
Thursday, January 12
- The House will meet at 12:00 p.m. for legislative business and is expected to continue consideration of legislation related to the SEC and CFTC.
- 7:00 PM: The Louisville Cardinals Women’s Basketball team takes on Florida State. Go Cards!
Friday, January 13
- The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business and is expected to complete consideration of all legislation for the week.