The Week Ahead
Tuesday, April 25
- Unless House Republicans pass a funding bill this week, the United States Government will shut down at midnight on Friday, April 28.
- The House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Recorded votes will be at 6:30 p.m. on several noncontroversial measures under suspension of the rules.
- The Congressman will meet with local representatives of the National Association of Railroad Passengers and the American Council of Engineering Companies of Kentucky.
Wednesday, April 26
- 8:00 AM: Rep. Yarmuth will attend The First Tee’s Annual Congressional Breakfast.
- Members of the Democratic Caucus will meet to discuss legislative strategy.
- The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business and is expected to consider H.R. 1695, the Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017, legislation that would change the way the Register of Copyrights is appointed.
- The Congressman will meet with local representatives of the Kentucky Retired Teachers Association, the College of American Pathologists, and the National Funeral Directors Association.
- 4:15 PM: Rep. Yarmuth will host a Facebook Live conversation with Lily Batchelder, professor of law and public policy at the NYU School of Law and former Deputy Director of the White House National Economic Council.
- Rep. Yarmuth will also meet with local Kentucky members of the American Bar Association.
Thursday, April 27
- 8:00 AM: The Democratic Policy and Communications Committee will meet to discuss Democratic messaging priorities.
- 8:00 AM: Rep. Yarmuth will appear on Bloomberg Daybreak to discuss budgetary issues and the ongoing government funding fight.
- The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business and is expected to begin consideration of H.R.1694, the Fannie and Freddie Open Records Act of 2017.
- The Congressman will meet with local representatives of the American Pharmacy Services Corporation, the Promotional Products Association International, the HBCU Collective, the Union of Concerned Scientists, the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Society of Landscape Architects.
Friday, April 28
- 8:40 AM: The Congressman will appear on CNBC’s Squawk Box to discuss President Trump’s first 100 days, as well as Budget negotiations.
- The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business and is expected to complete consideration of all legislation for the week.
- 10:00 AM: Rep. Yarmuth will join House and Senate Democratic Leadership for a press conference to discuss Republican budget issues.