New Analysis Confirms Health Care Reform Will Help Hundreds of Thousands of Louisville Families
( Washington, DC ) Health care reform legislation that will soon come to a vote in the House of Representatives will bring significant benefits to Kentucky’s 3rd Congressional District. According to a new report using data from the Census, CBO, the Department of Health and Human Services, and others, hundreds of thousands of families and individuals in Louisville will see improvements in their coverage or benefit from provisions in the legislation.
“With premiums skyrocketing every year for thousands of families and 900,000 Kentuckians now without insurance, we can’t afford to wait any longer,” said Congressman Yarmuth. “The long overdue passage of this historic legislation will put Americans back in control of their health insurance choices and ensure that all Kentuckians have access to high-quality, affordable health care.”
Data from the Analysis indicates that in Louisville --
- 176,000 families and 15,700 businesses will get tax credits and assistance to help make coverage more affordable.
- 9,000 Louisvillians with pre-existing conditions will be able to get the coverage they need
- Improve Medicare for 117,000 people and CLOSE the Medicare Part D prescription donut hole.
- Reduce the Cost of Uncompensated Care by $130 million per year for Hospitals and Health Care Providers.
- Give 51,000 young adults the ability to stay on their parents’ insurance plans until age 27.
- Extend coverage to 30,000 uninsured individuals and guarantee that no one can be dropped from their plans because they get sick.
- Improve coverage for 452,000 Louisvillians.
To see the full report, click here .