The Week Ahead
Monday, March 20
- The House will meet at 2:00 p.m. for legislative business. Recorded votes will be at 6:30 p.m. on noncontroversial measures under suspension of the rules.
- This week, the House will consider Republican legislation to undermine and repeal the Affordable Care Act. This bill will kick 24 million Americans off their health care plans, shorten the life of the Medicare Trust Fund by three years, cut $880 billion from Medicaid, and make the largest transfer of wealth from working families to the rich in our nation’s history.
- 6:45 PM: The Louisville Cardinals Women’s Basketball team takes on Tennessee in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament. Go Cards!
Tuesday, March 21
- Members of the Democratic Caucus will meet to discuss legislative strategy.
- The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate, 12:00 p.m. for legislative business, and is expected to begin consideration of legislation to undermine the Affordable Care Act.
- Rep. Yarmuth will meet with a group of Louisville Arts Leaders, local representatives of The Housing Partnership, the American Podiatric Medical Association, and the Waterways Council Inc.
- The Congressman will also meet with Dr. Stephen L. Pruitt, Kentucky Education Commissioner.
- 5:10 PM: Rep. Yarmuth will call in to the Terry Meiners Show on 840 WHAS.
Wednesday, March 22
- The House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business and is expected to continue consideration of Republican legislation to undermine and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- 10:00 AM: Rep. Yarmuth will testify before the House Rules Committee in opposition to Republican legislation to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- 10:00 AM: Vice President Joe Biden will join House Democrats on the East Front Steps of the U.S. Capitol for an event marking the 7th Anniversary of the signing of the Affordable Care Act.
- The Congressman will meet with local representatives of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American Water Works Association, and the Council on Foundations and Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers.
- 3:30 PM: The Bellarmine Knights Men’s Basketball team takes on the Colorado School of Mines in the Elite Eight round of the NCAA Division II Tournament. Go Knights!
Thursday, March 23
- The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business and is expected to complete consideration of all legislation for the week.
- 9:00 AM: Rep. Yarmuth will lead Democratic efforts on the House floor to oppose legislation repealing the Affordable Care Act.
- The Congressman will meet with representatives of the Louisville Writing Project, Sister Cities of Louisville, and the Teachers’ Retirement System of Kentucky.
- 3:15 PM: Rep. Yarmuth will participate in a Facebook Live conversation with Andy Slavitt, former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Watch live on Rep. Yarmuth’s Facebook page here.
Friday, March 24
- No votes are expected in the House.